PAYPAL

Friday, May 20, 2011

Last Day of THIS Journey

Today was the last day at the clinic. We are flying out tomorrow. Highlights of today were 1) the snacks and juice that Janet so graciously suggested that we buy and share with patients, families, translators, nurses and children who come to the clinic, and 2) the lapboard I found for Mr. Delille, who finally came back to see me. It was my last time to the supply closet. I thought that maybe, this time, I might not find what I needed. I kept looking and looking and a divine voice inside my head told me to get down on the floor, look under the shelf, behind a box and there I would find the very thing I was looking for—a plexiglass board that fits on a wheelchair to support his right arm. With some adjustments, Andrew (one of the translators and someone who would make a great physical therapist one day) and I attached the lapboard.

He had such significant subluxation that a shoulder sling was just not enough. To make such a wonderful find for Mr. Delille was a fitting way to end the journey at the clinic.

I extend my gratitude to Global Therapy Group for the opportunity to volunteer. I have left a piece of my heart in Haiti and look forward to the day I can come back to feel my heart become whole again.

No comments:

Post a Comment