PAYPAL

Friday, May 13, 2011

Raymond's Eyes

Today, I cried for Haiti.

I cried alone.

I cried with Janet.

I was overwhelmed with sadness. Raymond, my patient with watery, sparkly blue eyes—he did it. We just connect. And I want to do so much for him and the others that I see. The patients and family members tend to be happy, resolved, welcoming and appreciative of the help that we give. They certainly do not exude sadness. I think my feelings come from a sense that there seems like there is so much to be done, not just with Raymond, but with so many people I have met.

Haiti may need a school to teach physical therapy. There is only training for rehabilitation technicians. My patients following stroke needed occupational therapy and speech therapy, too. I felt deficient in these therapies and longed for consultation with these other health care providers.

A friend from my church told me to keep a journal when I went to Haiti.
So, I did.
My friend told me to make sure I wrote down any of the times that I saw God.
So, I did.
Today, God was in Raymond’s eyes, in Janet’s hug and in all the stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment