PAYPAL

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Heather - Tuesday

Bonswa.
So many connections are leading to other connections that we are now making a list. The thread of God's presence is everpresent. I am in awe daily.

The team barista has been making coffee about 5 am. We are all morning people. We have a secret stash of Dunkin Doughnuts coffee grounds and if I am luck I can get there before someone else makes the coffee we are better off. No such luck today. You would not believe the amount of dry creamer you have to add to lighten it even a little.

It is very hot. At one point we were standing together in the clinic and were covered with sweat. Lots and lots of water. It is sad to see lines of people waiting to fill up their water bottles. It costs $1 for a 3 gallon bottle, which is an average half day wage. Patients family has to walk at least a half mile to buy the patient some water.

I had an adopted son today. His name is Fredrickson Bennet. He is 14. Actually, I met him on Saturday. He was the boy that was filling up all the balloons and gave his away. He said he had a toothache. I looked in his mouth and one tooth was half deteriorated and the other had a large cavity. I found out that the hospital has a dentist, but he has no money. I paid $5 US and received some Haition change. He needs his tooth pulled, but it can't be done without his family permission. He is currently living in a tent home with his 17 year old cousin. I feed him my hospital lunch and bottled water. He was with me at the clinic all day. When we were winding down, he sat next to me and I rubbed his back (along with another boy). Small gesture of attention that we take for granted. I gave them our granola bars ad airplane peanuts before we left.

I am the Judaline whisperer. If no other reason existed for my wrist fracture, it would be ths girl. She has on a wrist splint similar to mine. Yesterday we compared notes on pain and she allowed me to touch it only a little. Today, we had 2 super treatments. Her arm is very sensative and she did not want anyone to touch it. I was able to grasp all of her fingers and even put my thumb between her fingers and thumb. All while Kirsten did scar massage down her arm. AMAZING! Maybe it did have a little to do with Kirstens IPOD. No, it was me!

Translators have learned the upper body bones. Emmanual says he is my body guard. I quiz him everytime we go to the supply closset, which is often. One time today i sent him to the closet and he was looking for a box of 4x4s. Janean and Alex got locked in the supply closet. Good thing they had a phone and called us to come get them.

Again, I feel that I haven't touched what went on today, but must share the computer seat.
Heather

Oh yeah...Janean shut my thumb in the car door this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment