PAYPAL

Thursday, April 22, 2010

My 6th day in Haiti - Kirsten

Bonswa,
God's blessings and provisions continue. We are so spoiled in the US with ample everything available to us. This trip has reminded me of the ample blessings we enjoy without even thinking about it. Simple, basic things such as food and water. Just plain basic survival. In Haiti, food is minimal and water is scarce. Because we were slow this afternoon in the clinic (it is market day so they are busy buying food). We ventured to the market with our interpreters and purchased hundreds of bags of dlo. We passed them out to the venders, shoppers, passersby, at the nearby orphanage and at the hospital. The people are so grateful for all that we do. It cost us very little money, but made such a difference in the llives of a few who have suffered such a tragedy, and who struggle now for basic life necessities.

Tomorrow is my last day at the clinic. I will be sad to go, because I have met some very proud and grateful people. It has been an honor to be here and to do have I have been able to do.
Later, Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment