PAYPAL

Friday, April 23, 2010

My 7th (and last day in Haiti) - Kirsten

Bonswa,
Today is my last night in Haiti. I have really had a life changing experience during this trip. We leave for home tomorrow. I will leave with gladness and sadness. I have met some outstanding people here. Hatians are a very proud people and are true survivors, despite the tragedies they have suffered. Maya Angelou has written many books and poems. One of my favorite poems is titled: And Still I Rise. That completely covers the feeling I get from the Hatian people.
,
As I said, today is my last day. I will miss so many of the people I have had the honor of working with. As I said goodbye to those I have come to know for this brief length of time, I will always be grateful to them for teaching me. The conditions have not been optimum, but I have loved the challenge of using classic OT skills to provide creative ways to help those in need. This position has reminded me why I love OT, and why I love working with people in need.

Bonjour,
Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment