PAYPAL

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Fifth Day in Haiti - Kirsten

Bonswa,
Today was a slower day for us, but steady. Not as many people waiting, just more steady. I am grateful for working with a good team. Heather and Janean are great to work with and we share the load well.

I think this GlobalTherapyGroup team has a first. We now have a mascot of a baby goat. A baby goat wandered onto our outpatient dept today. How many other outpatient dept. can say they have a goat as a mascot.

The IPOD continues to work for our 15 year old as a distraction. More gains daily as the music keeps her occupied.

There are so many burns here as well as fractures and nerve injuries from crushing. I have seen many burn injuries needing scar massage. Many hand injuries as well. The people are so brave and resilient. Some of them travel a great distance to get to us. Despite their hardships, they come smiling, and are so grateful for everything we do. They wait patiently for us when we are swamped, and never complain. I appreciate this experience so much and know that I will never be the same.
Kirsten

No comments:

Post a Comment